Thursday, May 22, 2008
- First off, it's so far away. My normal drive is 7 miles from work, their house is 20 miles. That's a big difference when gas is this high.
- I hate dogs. Well, I love their dogs of course, but I don't like being around dogs. Especially their dogs because they are so babied. They can't stay outside, I have to go RIGHT from work to let them out. And I think I'm slightly allergic. Laying it bed last night it was all I could do to not itch myself to death. Ugh.
- I miss my house :( Because I have to go right over after work I don't get to go to my own house. And since their house is like 20 miles from mine, it's just too far to go all the way to their house and then back to mine. I miss my bed, my computer, my scrap stuff. I haven't been alone in my own house in 7 days.
- Their computer is so virus infected it's ridiculous! You can't do anything without a million pop ups. And it delays everything. I was trying to load and look though photos and some folders take up to 10 minutes to open! I tried to fix it when I was there at Christmas, but it made the internet stop working so I'm not allowed to do anything any more.
- I've had to do 6 loads of towels, chase garbage around the backyard that was blowing everywhere and I'VE HAD TO CLEAN UP DOG POOP IN THE HOUSE THREE TIMES.
Woe is me. Yes, this is about as bad as the drama gets in my life. It's all I've got, which is a good thing. But I never get to whine, especially lately with everything being about the wedding. I just feel very dumped on and taken advantage of and I HATE it. My friends were here too and really I don't feel I got to spend quality time with them.
Sunday, May 4, 2008
I have this nasty old dresser that I need to so something with. I picked it up two houses ago. Who ever lived there before me left it and I kept it and drug it alone. It's ugly, cheap and is only good for hiding crap in. It would be better if I could paint it, but it would need big time sanding and I'm not good and that and I don't have anywhere to do it. I'm sure I could replace it at Ikea for $60. Or I could just go though the crap in it an throw it away/organize it.
Speaking of organization, I went though a box of crap that had been collecting for a while. I divided into smaller piles: recipes, clippings for scrapping, scrapping stuff, coupons, magazines, cards. I am trying to get all of my random recipes into a binder and organized. I also finally cleared some space in my cabinets to put my cook books and recipe cards. And they all fit, even with my odd sized cabinets!
I also went though my closet right next to my front door. I threw away some boxes. I don't know why I feel the need to keep boxes of things that 1. Are a million years old and I can't possibly return; 2. I don't own anymore; 3. Are broken already. I made a lot of room in there and put my card organzier in there (with all my blank cards that had been in a different box). I'll be putting more stuff in there once I get the rest organized.
I also need to decide on what camera I want to keep. I recently bought two smaller ones, since I broke my little one at the bachelorette party. I found a Fuji FinePix Z5fd on clearence at Target for $90. It's great, except it doesn't take SD cards, which is all I own. But it got great reviews at Amazon, and that was a great price. Even if I spend $40 on getting a memory card (or two). The other one I got was on clearence at Sears. It's a Casio Exilim Ex-V8. It's a seriously awesome camera and the same brand as my old one which I LOVED. But it was $170, even on clearence. And the warrenty was way more at Sears than at Target. So I need to make the decision if the Casio is worth more than twice as much as the Fuji. I had making camera choices :(