Wednesday, July 9, 2008

4th of July

I love that it was on a Friday :) The week before was payroll and not a good one. So it was great that it was only a 4 day week. By the time Friday came, I needed it bad!!

It is Arizona and it is July so of course it was hot! I went over to my sister's for the day. We had a good time. There were 13 of us there. We made our party punch (lots of juice, fruit and alcohol), bbq'd hot dogs & hamburgers, had chili, pizza dip, bean dip, pudding, jello, potato salad, fruit salad, just all good summer stuff! It was a lot of fun. I think I ate enough I wanted to pop! THEN we had brownies for Jordan's birthday (which was the day before) because he doesn't like cake.

We spent a lot of the day out in the pool. The water is so warm at this point in the year it's not even really refreshing. They need a cooled pool instead of a heated one! But it's still better than being outside without a pool.

Nachelle brought her kids over and they are so funny. They were there in May and we got Jordan (4) to jump off the shallow side, but not Mayah (7). Well, this time they were both all about jumping in all over the place. And EVERY TIME: Jen, watch me. GOOD LORD. That gets old really fast. But they were good and had a blast in the pool. I'll put some pics in below.

I went home before the fireworks started. By their house and by my house they put them off. If you don't get off the streets early enough they get so backed up and I didn't want to sit in that. I usually watch the fireworks from my back porch. I have a perfect view of the college that puts them off a few blocks away. But it's SO hot to stand out there because there is no air circulation. So, I realized that if I sit at my new scrap desk and open the blinds, I have a perfect view! YAY!
Photos:
1. Mayah & Jordan jumping in the pool
2. Me & Nachelle
3. Jordan, the birthday boy!
4. View of the fireworks from my house.




No comments: